Fall 2017 Registration Opens Monday, April 24th!
Registration Drop-off Events
Open - May 6
May 7 - May 20
After May 20
By Mail Only
All Registration Drop-off Events will be from 10am - 2pm at the Adams Middle School Cafeteria
*Includes the non-refundable AYSO Membership fee of $17.50
Registration has moved from eAYSO to Blue Sombrero. You will need to create a new account in order to register for AYSO this year - your eAYSO account will no longer work for registration. You can create a new Blue Sombrero account here or access your existing Blue Sombrero account here.
Instructions for registering with Blue Sombrero
- Register for a new Blue Sombrero account or login to your existing Blue Sombrero account
- Once you are logged in, click the "Register Now!" button near the top right corner
- Enter the player's gender, name, birthday, and address - if the player is new, you will also need to upload proof of age (birth certificate, passport, etc.)
- To add additional players, click the "Add Another Participant" button and enter the details for any additional players
- Click the "+Register" button for each player, then click Continue
- Enter additional player information - only the questions marked with an asterisk (*) are required
- eSign the Registration Form for each player
- Check the "I agree to use an electronic signature" box
- Select the appropriate description (Parent/Guardian or Adult Player) and type your name in the signature box
- Click the "Continue to Review" button
- Review the completed form, then click the "Submit signed player registration" button
- Once all Registration Forms have been eSigned, click Continue
- Click the "Signup" button for any positions you would like to volunteer for
- Select the volunteer for this position, you can also add information for another volunteer by clicking the "Invite New Account User" button
- Enter all required information for the volunteer
- eSign the form following the eSign directions above
- Verify your registration summary and click Continue
- Enter your payment information and submit your registration
- If you are not paying by credit card you can not go futher and will need to attend one of our Registration Drop-off events to complete registration
- Go to My Account and print a copy of the Player Registration form for each player
- Go to Volunteer to print a copy of the Volunteer Registration form for
- After registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with the Yes, I Can Help form
- Bring the Player Registration form, any Volunteer Registration forms, and the completed Yes, I Can Help form to one of our registration drop-off events or mail the forms to:
- AYSO Region 17
PO Box 2586
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
- AYSO Region 17
Scholarships and Payment Plans
Limited scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis at drop-off registration events only. Proof of need (e.g. school lunch, food stamps, etc.) is required.
Payment Plans are also available, please ask for more information at a drop-off registration event. All payments must be received by July 15th to ensure placement on a team.
Only the region fee can be refunded. The AYSO Membership fee of $17.50 goes directly to AYSO National and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
A player may withdraw from Region 17 by having the parent or guardian of the player send a written request to the Treasurer.
Refund requests should be sent via mail to AYSO Region 17 P.O. Box 2586 Redondo Beach, CA 90278 or via email to email@example.com.
Prior to Team Formation (Aug 1):
Full Refund of the Region Fee (the $17.50 AYSO Membership fee is non-refundable)
Prior to Season (Sep 4):
Half Refund of the Region Fee (the $17.50 AYSO Membership fee is non-refundable)
After Sep 4:
No refunds are given
VOLUNTEERS are CRUCIAL to the success of our program.
Region 17 is operated completely by volunteers. We are always in need of volunteers, including referees, coaches, board members, assistant coaches, and team parents. There will be a table at registration to answer questions that you may have about volunteering. Please take the time to volunteer for at least one thing when you are registering your child.
If we do not have enough volunteers (parents) to support our season, then you may be notified that we cannot accept your child's registration, so please register to volunteer via Blue Sombrero. Please bring volunteer forms to a drop-off registration with current photo ID.
Volunteers should notify the board members at the Volunteer Table if you are planning to coach, referee, or assist in any way.
Coaches and Referees: All coaches and referees must be AYSO trained. There are many opportunities for Coach and Referee training prior to the start of the season for all volunteers (new or veterans). The time commitment for Referees is as little as 60 minutes each weekend during the season. Check the Coach's and Referee's Corner sections of the web site for the free training classes.
Safe Haven: The Safe Haven Course is required for all volunteers and must be taken once during your AYSO career. The course is available on-line at the following link: http://aysotraining.org/courselist.html.